"Self Reverence Never Works Without Leaving Scars"

image by: Robert David Reedy 2011
This is my self portrait entitled “Self Reverence Never Works Without Leaving Scars”.  I decided to create a collage from various images that I have collected.  Typically this is the manner in which I prefer to work, for my aesthetics are  firmly rooted in the ideals of remix culture.  Giving some insight into the individual images that I have chosen to remix for this collage is difficult, though describing the entire image as a whole offers me greater availability with words.  The experience of life is about discovery and deterioration.  My body is actively moving towards it’s demise, whilst my spirit is constantly grasping for elevated reason toward mystical understanding.  This is all opposed by my selfish ego as it attempts to elicit sympathy both internally and externally.  Many mystical practices speak of a union of three – mind/ego, body, and spirit.  Here I have visually remixed similar philosophic tendencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment